Fun Art World Facts:
- In a study of 820,000 exhibitions across the public and commercial sectors in 2018, only one third featured women artists. “Gallery representation dwindles for established female artists,” The Art Newspaper
- Art created by women sells for almost 50% less than art made by men.
- According to a recent report, only five to 15% of current NFT artist accounts are run by women.
- Out of the top 10 most expensive NFT artworks sold to this date, only one belonged to a female creator: Grimes.
- While only an estimated 5% of women own NFTs, and 12-16% are creators or founders of collections, the impact of female-led NFT projects is quite large and growing every day.